Back in the day, wall murals were hand-painted by incredible artists to bring more life into brick-and-mortar spaces. These were labor-intensive and took several days to complete, depending on the size and intricacy of the design. Entrepreneurs who could afford them had to spend a hefty amount of money for each project.
Custom wall murals are now digitally designed and printed onto special vinyl sheets and adhered to your chosen surface. They take less time and money to produce and install. However, before you go ahead and purchase them for your establishment, you must learn about all the little details that matter.
Treating and preparing your wall is crucial to ensure that the vinyl will properly adhere to it. By minimizing or fixing surface defects, the mural will not detract from the application.
Important Steps for Wall Mural Preparation
Contrary to what others believe, you don’t simply stick vinyl murals to walls without proper preparation. Fixing wall defects is a vital step so that your murals will properly adhere and not detach anytime soon.
- Remove all traces of previous vinyl murals, wallpapers, or paint.
- Mend cracks, patch nail holes, and conceal other imperfections.
- Detach outlet plates, switch plates, picture hooks, and light fixtures.
- Use a gentle detergent and warm water to remove any remaining wallpaper glue, grease, or dirt.
- Cover the wall with two coats of paint or primer for best results.
Benefits of Investing in Vinyl Wall Stickers
- Maximize your available space: Murals are perfect for transforming even the most awkward walls inside your establishment. With the right design, you can make your space appear bigger than it actually is.
- Improve ambiance: Interior decoration plays a significant role in the overall experience of your customers. Custom wall murals can be created to complement your branding requirements and building design. For example, if you have an Asian fusion restaurant that celebrates different cuisines in the continent, your murals could feature some famous landmarks and tourist destinations across Asia, so customers will feel like they are eating authentic food from those countries.
- Solidify your brand: Whether you want to artistically showcase your company’s history or display a unique collage of all your products, murals are the perfect canvas to demonstrate who you are and what makes you different from others.
- Connect with your target market: Consumers these days love going to places that have picture-worthy spots. Some entrepreneurs get creative by featuring motivational quotes, witty statements, and other messages that will gain lots of attention locally and on social media.
Where to Get the Best Wall Murals in Greensboro, NC?
The Carolina Signsmith is one of the leading manufacturers of vinyl murals in the area. We only use top-of-the-line materials and machinery to produce vivid and hardwearing vinyl signs. Thanks to our highly skilled professional installers, your window wall murals will not have any bubbles, ripples, tears, or misalignments.
Call us today to get started.